Here's another delicious recipe from @cookwithfleur! Fleur has been making delicious & healthy recipes for ages. Nice to know: Fleur grew up in Portugal. She then settled in the Netherlands and currently lives in England. So, in addition to a variant of the Dutch gingerbread in December, you can also expect influences from Portuguese and English cuisine. Curious about more recipes from Fleur Beill? Then take a look at her Instagram account @cookwithfleur.
180 grams white chocolate bar preferably Tonny's Chocolonely which is super tasty
500 grams mascarpone at room temperature
150 grams of vanilla cottage cheese
300 grams speculaas + extra for garnish
100 grams of butter
Box of fruit such as raspberries for garnish
Preparation — 15 minutes
- Create a bain marie by filling a small saucepan with a layer of water and placing a suitable bowl on top.
- Toss chopped white chocolate into the bowl. The water should not touch the bowl, the steam from the boiling water will slowly melt the chocolate. Make sure that the chocolate does not get too hot and stir it smoothly. Then let cool.
- Use the small saucepan again to melt the butter.
- Meanwhile, crumble the gingerbread cookies, you can do this with a food processor. Set aside some cookie crumbs for garnish.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter.
- Grease the cake tin (26 cm diameter) with butter and press the biscuit crumbs into the cake tin.
- Then put it in the fridge while you make the filling.
Finishing the white chocolate cheesecake with gingerbread — 10 minutes + waiting time
- The white chocolate will have cooled down by now, so mix it well with the mascarpone and quark. You can do this with a whisk, but an electric mixer will give you the best results.
- Divide the mixture over the gingerbread pie crust and put in the fridge. The setting will take at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
Before serving, garnish with gingerbread crumbs and raspberries! Enjoy your meal!