Out with the kids
The summer is coming! For those with children, this means no morning ritual of filling lunchboxes, gathering gym equipment, pulling children out of bed, etc. for 6 weeks. On the other hand, these 6 weeks irrevocably sometimes guarantee the inevitable 'mahaaaam, me am bored…'. Is it that far with you and you no longer have creative ideas to keep your offspring busy? We have a few nice tips for you to think of a nice day out. Here it comes!
– are you a member of the postcode lottery? Then you will always receive the discount agenda. This one is packed with coupons for all kinds of outings, in every province!
– do you have young children? www.kidsproof.nl
is well represented in almost every region in the Netherlands. Check them out for fun activities for and with kids
– whether you go on holiday in your own country or are looking for something in your own region, the local tourist office is often happy to give you good ideas. If you download the app from VVV.nl, you can even see what is happening in your immediate vicinity wherever you are.
– many supermarkets organize all kinds of discount promotions throughout the year, such as Artis or the Efteling. Take a look at Marktplaats for these nice discount coupons. You are happy and the loyal saver also gets something in return.
– in many places there are very nice playgrounds and petting zoos that are run locally by volunteers. You can visit these places for a small amount. The love of the volunteers can be seen in the often perfect maintenance!
Finally: dare to think small. Especially with small children you don't have to go all out to have a great day. When the weather is nice, a day at the water is always a party. But a bike ride along the neighborhood playgrounds is also great. Are there many of those stalls in your area where fruit and vegetables are sold? Super fun to 'collect' the ingredients for the meal with your kids. Bonus is that they will enjoy the meal (even) more.